• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fume in motion
does not work correctly.
Did 2 versions from this file . First I kept the simulation static (disabled animation of cylinder) and in viewport everything looks fine, but if I animate the simulated container with the cylinder, rendering to picture viewer only last frames will render the smoke. ( motiontest.mp4)
Second test - simulate while the cylinder (and container as a child) is moving. Again looks fine in viewport, however if rendered to picture viewer, there is a bad offset and not all frames render smoke expected.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

just made a new simulation and now you see as well in viewport what´s happening - calulation extends to wrong side ...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Windows: Version 1809 Build 17763.557
Cinema4D Version:R 20.059
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
GPU Version: 419.67
Make The Fumefx grid as large enough so as to contain the train movement and remove the grid and gravity from under that null, you can leave the simple source object....Try it and tell me the outcome.
Dear vfxduo
You are absolutely correct, I can confirm that, it's working.
this has to work of course as container is static then. But that´s not economic at all. I need a very large container in comparison to the volume something is happening in and with a fine grid, you´ll run out of memory for sure. So as the simulation is cached anyway, I´d expect I can move the cached container in world coordinates and all calculated local coordinates work along with it or if this is all world coordinates, I can cache a moving container. Aim is to keep container small and manoeuvrable in situations you need a limited smoke/fire that is travelling along your scene...
but both is not working for the time.
Edit:
BTW, Turbulence FD does both, I can simulate a small static container and then move this guy along with an object or cache simulation while container is moving with an object ...

just a quick and dirty proof of concept:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkUtWbepYequgaY1f48oFiwEOPwIRg
Make the fume grid boundless and remove it from that null and create a void object and place it where you want the smoke to be cut and you can place it under the null to follow the train...But this is a nice feature for Fumefx devs to add so they should look into this.
Hello,

You can enable Use Grid Motion and then link the FumeFX grid to the train.
This way the grid will move along with the train as well as the fluid within. That option is perfect for the scene you're working on.

http://docs.afterworks.com/FumeFX5C4D/Simulation_1.htm
Thanks a lot for that hint - unfortunately doesn´t help much.

vieport looks fine during simulation :

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

but when finished jumps ahead :

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

and render is not usable :

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkUtWbepYequgaY3RC_GEvDiK34RtQ
Hello,

this problem is fixed in beta 3. Could you please try doing simulation with new version?

Regards,
Kristian
confirmed fix from my side. Now I understand the grid motion function as well. It is not necessary for moving containers but adds speed if used in the direction container is moving.
Thank you for the confirmation.
Yes, the grid motion can be very useful in that scenario.