• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFX UI Window Size Problem
Hello,

I am using 3DS MAX 2008 64 Bit & Fume FX 1.0a on a Windows Vista Ultimate Quad Core Dell Precision Computer.

I am having a problem with FumeFX’ UI.

When I “Open FumeFX UI”, the “FumeFX UI” window looks as it does on the left in the below attached image.

If I try to resize it, it snaps to look as it does on the right of the below attached image

The window is not resizable.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution or a fix?

Thanks,
Mike Bazzell
My guess... is a vista aero interface issue, maybe? have you tried using "windows classic" theme?
Hello Mike,

I think that this is related by the windows default font size or something like that.

Kresimir
Same config just single AMD 64 3ghz and everything works fine Smile
All is well with my FumeFX UI now. Changing the windows font size back to the default fixed it. I like to use the larger font size. Many years of staring at computer monitors has taken its toll on my eyes.

There appears to be some element of the FumeFX UI that does not resize with the window if it resizes with the font size.

Changing the theme to Window’s Classic instead of Vista had no effect, and I am still on the quad processor Dell machine.

Thanks to all for your help.

Mike Bazzell
Sad
but this problem looks to be unsolvable on my PC.
I'm using small fonts, not large fonts, I even switched to large fonts and back to small fonts, it still does not work!
I think my problem is that max is not obeying my OS font size anymore. because all of the fonts look bold!
does anybody know how can i change the font used 3Ds max?

[Image: fume_01.jpg]

[Image: fume_02.jpg]
In may case i juste put all verdena fonts in autodesk\3dsmax\fonts directory and restart computer and the problem was solved.
I hope this work for you.
Good luck.