• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZDepth
Hi guys,

could anyone confirm that zdepth is working, or am doing something wrong?

thx
I'd also interested in this and other render passes (motion vectors, etc.).

Assuming that we're not doing anything wrong, but that it simply isn't possible under this build, is there an ETA for these features?

Also, once implemented will this be universal across the (then) supported renders, V-Ray, Arnold, etc.?

-Brad
Brad,

as far as i know vray support its on the way (day or 2 Wink ), and as for the arnold its also supported, maybe not 100% but works fine (basic things)...

i just dont like connection with mr, because we dont use it in our pipeline, and if you dont load mr plugin you be able to do anything, so would be nice if somehow they could disconnect MUST things connected to mr Smile

cheers
Hello,

We have Z-depth for mental ray on the todo list.
For VRay, it's almost done, but it was really tough to figure out what we have to tweak to make it work. We've discovered what might be a potential VRay bug, so if anyone can confirm the following. If you have two semi transparent objects that partially overlap and render Z-depth, the Z-depth will be wrong for the overlapping area.
We were fighting with this for FumeFX/VRay, but so far no solution.

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks for the info guys! How can I get the V-Ray beta? I'd love to give it a try, do I need to email someone directly?

I tried the Arnold beta, but it just crashes when I activate it, but maybe that's just me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :STABRE
I think you didnt do anything wrong, its possible you have a different ver build...

As for the Zdepth probl, i know you are in contact with Vlado from chaosgroup, but i could also ask him, and he will possibly fix the problem in v3 version (or some nightbuilds) and i can test it then.

Cheers
Is there any progress on Zdepth? We really need it (urgent) or some workaround?

thx
Hello,

I am sorry to say, but Z-depth with VRay sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.
Our finding is that VRay doesn't properly compute z-depth for overlapping semi transparent objects. We've report this to Chaosgroup and we hope it can be solved.

Regards,

Kresimir Tkalcec
Oh I see, too bad to hear that...

thx for reply Kresimir
Just wanting to confirm-we now have 3.5.3 installed. But z-depth is still just VRay supported correct?
Not mental ray yet?
Hello,

Do you see motion pass at least?
Both should be working in 3.5.3

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Hmm-not even sure where I should be looking?!

In FumeFX the info tab says 3.5.3 (linux BTW)
-I see a Scripting tab (which i don't remember-so I'm thinking thats a new feature)

Not sure if I'm turning on new features in Fume-or using native maya controls and it should 'just work' now.