I can't seam to be able to have a simulation run on a remote machine when I send the job with deadline. "Backburner mode" is checked, I set the render to one dummy frame, but the simulation doesn't run and therefore the cache files don't get written to disk (the path is set to a network path).
Does anyone using frantic deadline managed to have it work?
Thx in advance
fred
Works like a charm here.
What is going on? Just not simming? Any errors?
You could try opening the data file from the repository and checking if the Fume grid still has netsim turned on.
Never mind. I don't have time to investigate what the problem was, but it does work fine now, somehow....
Thanks for your answer, though.
Fred
I am having problems, with deadline 3.1 and Max 2009 and FUMEX.
The error messages are basically saying missing DLL's. But how can they be missing, if the system loads fine, from the local machine, but when going through to the slave... it waits about 2 minutes and than laucnches. Crashes right after launch and the log files are:
Scheduler Thread - Render Thread 0 threw an error:
Scheduler Thread - An error occurred in StartJob(): 3dsmax: Failed to load max file: "C:/Documents and Settings/[user]/Local Settings/Application Data/Frantic Films/Deadline/slave/jobsData/test_deadline_4_2009.max"
2009/06/01 17:14:29 INF: Loaded C:/Documents and Settings/[user]/Local Settings/Application Data/Frantic Films/Deadline/slave/jobsData/test_deadline_4_2009.max
2009/06/01 17:14:29 ERR: Missing dll: FumeFX.dlo - FumeFX
2009/06/01 17:14:29 ERR: Missing dll: FumeFX.dlo - Standard
2009/06/01 17:14:29 ERR: Missing dll: FumeFX.dlo - FFX Object
2009/06/01 17:14:29 ERR: Missing dll: FumeFX.dlo - Simple Src
2009/06/01 17:14:29 ERR: Missing dll: FumeFX.dlo - Source Controller
(Deadline.Plugins.ScriptPlugin+FailRenderException)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello,
Does it work if you run through default Network rendering built in 3ds max ?
Kresimir