• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arnold Renderer
My simulation is done and showing in the viewport..But when i click on ipr arnold it doesnt show anything.
Hello,

Did you adjust the scene scale?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1990
If its to 0.01 meter yes i did
Hello,

Could you please attach scene?

Thank you.
This is the scene file
Has anybody checked it out
Hello,

It seems to be rendering fine here C4D R20 and Arnold 5.2.0.0.
Could you please tell us what Arnold version do you use ?

Thank you.
Im using Arnold v2.5.2.1 (Arnold 5.3.1.1)
C4D R20.059
Is Arnold 6.0.1.0 supported in FumeFX ?
Hello,

Arnold 6 will be supported with the next FumeFX 5.0.1 update for Cinema4D, somewhere in February.

Regards,
Kreismir Tkalcec
Awesome !!! Please hurry Smile

Im on OS X. I noticed the Arnold support files on the download are different (external shaders for Maya) then windows. What are these files for and how do I use them. Any chance Arnold 6 works on the Mac ?

The description for Arnold on the Mac page says "Arnold support for FumeFX 5.0 for Cinema 4D " where on the windows download page it is specific about which version of Arnold is supported.

thanks for your help!!!
Hello,

For OS X it's a zip package of the shader instalers for all C4D versions while in Windows Arnold shader installs along with the FumeFX.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
richardlp Wrote:Awesome !!! Please hurry Smile
!

Hello,

Just to inform you that FumeFX 5.0.1 with Arnold 6 support has been released today.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
thanks for the fast update!

I have: R21, FumeFX 5.01, Arnold 6.0.1, C4DtoA 3.0.1.1, OSX10.15.1

I followed your youTube video. Arnold renders the FumeFX grid as a box. See the attached photo and scene file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7PxD8rXM_k
Hello,

Have you attached the Arnold Standard Volume to the FumeFX object ?
Also, make sure to properly assign and name the FumeFX channels inside the Arnold volume shader.

Feel free to attach scene here so that we can take a look.

You're welcome!

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hi Kresimir,

Attached is a simple scene file. The FumeFx object renders as a box. The box grows to contain the simulation. I also noticed that unlike the video you posted when I assign the Arnold volume shadow to the FumeFX object that Arnold renders a box, but on the video it renders a volume even before you rename and assign the FumeFX channels inside the volume shader.

thanks for your assistance,

Richard
Hello,

All renders fine when you apply the Arnold Standard Volume to the FumeFX Grid.
You'll also need to assign name the "Smoke" to the Transparency and make it a bit more darker.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I think I have the Arnold Standard Volume applied to the FumeFX grid. See screenshot.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Hello,

could you please try to render the scene in the attachment.

Also can you give us log from the C4D console window after rendering.

Best regards,
Kristian
Hi Kristian,

When I render the test scene I still have the same issue. Below is an error in the console.

C4DtoA | 00:00:00 1240MB WARNING| [c4dtoa] FumeFX.standard_volume is not a valid surface shader
C4DtoA | 00:00:00 1240MB WARNING| [c4dtoa] Polygon.standard_volume is not a valid surface shader