• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max 8
Is Dreamscape 2.5 compatible with Max 8?
Yes it is (in a few days).
DreamScape for MAX8 rebuild will be available this week.

Regards,

Kresimir
I thought some people have already received an 'ACAP8' version of DS...is this not true..is the new one coming better?

I tried to install my OLD install of DS, and it seemed to work - I could open and render the Ranier files...will this cause problems when I get the new install?

Should I uninstall this version? and how, without messing up my Max 7 version?
If you have separate installations of DreamScape for both MAX7 and MAX8 then removing DreamScape installation for MAX8 shouldn't affect DS/MAX7 instalaltion.

The most obvious problem with MAX7 plugins under MAX8 is saving of parameters - they're no saved.

New updates were sent to TurboSquid (they're doing all of the installation routienes) so updates should be available shortly.

Regards,

Kresimir
Has the Max 8 compatible version been posted yet? I haven't seen or heard anything about it.
No, not yet.
Even recompiled plugins does not save data correctly and we're working on it.

Thank you.

Kresimir
Any word on this yet?
I installed dreamscape 2.5 in Max 8, it seems to work ok but it doesn't work together with Max' new hair and fur modifier.
So, what's the deal? I have Turbo Toolkit 2 for Max 7 and just purchased the upgrade to Max8...are all my plugins toast?
Hi
Still on the issue of the max 8 / dreamscape compatibiity.
It will appear that the hair and fur renders in my installation which I only recieved from turbo squid last week.
However the sun in dreamscape does not cast the hair and fur shadow. Also the sun does not realistically lighten the hair and fur.
A solution to my earlier post about Dreamscape not working with Max hair and fur, If you choose to render the hair/fur as geometry in the h/f tools rollout-render settings-as geometry. it renders. Big Grin
Hello,

There's been a miscommunication between us, TurboSquid and Discreet regarding 3ds max 8. We are expecting to receive our tools in a week or so, and in a short time afterwards new builds will be ready.

I apologize for this delay.

Regards,

Kresimir Tkalcec
Any updates on the update for Max8?
Hello,

Feel free to send us email at mailtoConfusedupport@afterworks.com along with your DreamScape serial number and we'll send you an update.
We've discovered a few more bugs apart from those reported, and we're working on them.
The build that we are sending to our users (per request) fixed chekboxes bug. Once all bugs are sorted out, updates will be released through TurboSquid.

Regards,

Kresimir Tkalcec