• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
master/slave grid crash
whatever i do, when i use mastergrid / slave grid maya crashing instantly !
is there any trick i am not aware... could anyone test on windows machine ...

maya 2020 windows 10 pro - i7 7820x - 32gb memory - quatro k6000
Hello,

I've checked the scene here with FumeFX 5.0.6 and all work fine - starting the sim from the master grid.
However, you'd need to select that source from the second grid as well - otherwise it won't use it for simulation.

Best,
Kresimir Tkalcec
thank you for checking it out!
well i did all that and keep crashing!
either its a bug in FumeFX 5.0.5 or my Maya / computer is not happy with the way calculations done!

is FumeFX 5.0.6 available to download ? cant seem to find it on download page!
The FumeFX 5.0.6 is not released yet, but there aren't anything related to N-Sim that would have fix the possbile bug.
sitnisati Wrote:The FumeFX 5.0.6 is not released yet, but there aren't anything related to N-Sim that would have fix the possbile bug.

just to report back :
i installed 5.06 on 2020 and 2022...

master/slave grid is still crashing on maya 2020 with 5.06 !

on maya 2022 / 5.06 Master/slave grid is working as it should without a problem/crash...

so my guess is my settings/unused plugins, messed up registry etc on maya 2020 was causing the crash!

also, with maya 2022 / 5.06 GPU view is much smoother. i dont need to use may legacy view any longer ...
Hello,

Thank you for the update and glad to hear that it works smooth on Maya 2022.
Not sure why would it behave differently on Maya 2020 and 2022.. I kind'a doubt that anything outside of the FumeFX code could cause it.

Kresimir
sitnisati Wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the update and glad to hear that it works smooth on Maya 2022.
Not sure why would it behave differently on Maya 2020 and 2022.. I kind'a doubt that anything outside of the FumeFX code could cause it.

Kresimir

i would think the same, but strangely FFx "WIND" is working better now too!
with maya 2020 "Wind" was extremely slow, so, i never used it,
with latest FFx and maya 2022 Wind's performance is much better. totally usable with my computer now!
That's really strange.
It must be that they've changed something under the Maya "hood" so it works faster now as we didn't touch aything.