• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone else having trouble getting shadows to work with Max 2017 and Mental Ray?
#1
Hi,

Long-time user that is having trouble getting shadows to work in Max 2017, when using Mental Ray. I have checked the usual suspects like MR Cast Shadows and Receive, I ma using a Direct Target light with Shadows on (Ray Traced), Atmosphere shadows checked, light added to FumeFX grid under Illum, Use Autovolume checked, MR Exposure Control with non-physically based lighting, etc. All the things I normally do, but to no avail.

Starting a simple scene from scratch doesn't seem to create shadows, nor do scenes that I have built previously that worked in 2016.

Attached are 2 images, one rendered in 2016, same file in 2017.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help,

Greg

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)