• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box#3 Channels
Hi Kresmir,

How far off is it to support PFlow Toolbox #3's Data Channels? Do you think you can have a look at it sometime in the future?

It would be nice to see it among these right click options:
[Image: rmbclick.gif]

If it's possible to implement in Afterburn, I hope to also see it in FumeFX. Big Grin

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Lim
Hi Jeff,

I'll check how plugins can access those channels.

Thanks

Kresimir
Thank you very much, that would be awesome. Big Grin You can count on me to test that vigorously.
Jeff Lim
I'm counting on you Smile

Thanks.
Hi, just bumping up this thread to ask if there are still plans to implement this anytime in the future? Smile
Jeff Lim
particleFloat access would be nice as well. not everybody has box#3.
nickw Wrote:particleFloat access would be nice as well. not everybody has box#3.
I agree. Add to that the particleInteger, particleVector, and particleTM script channels.
Jeff Lim
BUMP.
Add all scripted channels.
Hi, I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread again (after 3 years) Smile
Still hopefull to see Data Channel support for the Sitni Sati plugins. Thanks!
Jeff Lim
Hello,

This feature somehow skipped under my radar.. sorry !
I hope that we can do it for FumeFX 4.0 and port it back to AfterBurn as well.
Thank you !

Kresimir
Awesome! That's great to hear. Looking forward to it! Big Grin
Jeff Lim
Hello,

We're now working on it - can you please post few simple scene examples and let me know which particular channels you want to have access to so we can give it a test ?

Also, would you prefer that those channels are used entirely or in combination with AFC ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hi Kresimir,

Sorry for the late reply, I don't seem to have notifications enabled for this thread.
I won't be able to post sample files this month as I'm currently in the process of transferring to another job (I'll have 3dsmax access in March).

Here are some of my thoughts:
  • The idea I had in mind for Data Channel support was to have access to Custom Outputs that are set to Global (or if you can have direct access to it even if it's not set to Global, that would be great).
  • In Box3 (ADM), typically, you would set a Custom Channel to Global only if you want other Data Operators to have access to it (including the Display Data Op).
  • I can see that Afterburn would mainly support Data Types set to "Real/Float". And on other cases, "Vector/Color" data.
  • Initially, I simply wanted to have entire access to those channels, overriding the values in Afterburn.
  • Or if we could have options to use the Custom Channels as: Replace, Multiply, or Add.
  • But now that you've mentioned AFC, it just opened up another great potential to contral the volumes. Maybe we could have a dialog where we could set whether we want to override the Low and/or the High Values of an Afterburn parameter. That way, the AFC curve will still manage the animation (I love th AFC curve!).

Regards,
Jeff Lim
Jeff Lim
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.
In the meantime, I have added support, but still have to test it thoroughly.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Awesome, is it still on alpha stage? Or are we allowed to beta test it at some point? : )
Jeff Lim