• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
black pixels in render
Hi
I've just upgraded to 4 and installed it on max2009 (32 and 64-bit). I'm trying to render out a file that was made in 32-bit max9+AB3.2. I've attached the result from 32 bit max2009. I'm getting black pixels where is should be a clean render. Strangely, 64-bit max2009 gives a perfect result with no black pixels.

What's going on here?
Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

Can you please post a scene as well ?
Also, do you have AfterBurn 4.0a or just 4.0 ?

Thanks,

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir
The about box says 4.0. It's from the download link TurboSquid gave me when I upgraded a couple of weeks ago.
I'll mail you a sample file.

Thanks
Mark
Please do - if it's gone on my machine, I'll email you a patch so you can check if it works on your machine as well.

Thank you

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir. Thanks.
I sent you a file yesterday. Didn't you get it?

Mark
Patch should be in your email by now.
Please let me know how ti works.

Thank you,

Kresimir
I have exactly the same problem and am using AB 4. Is the patch available from Tsquid?
Michael J. Narlock
Head of Astronomy/Web Coordinator
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

ph: 248.645.3235
fx: 248.645.3050
Hi Michael
The patch Kresimir sent me worked fine, but as far as I know, we're all still waiting for the official 4.0a or 4.0b patch.

Mark
Any chance you might share the unofficial patch? I'm on a tight deadline rendering a galaxy...black squares everywhere will take away from the realism Smile
Michael J. Narlock

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problems with AB4.

I'm using it with 32bit Max 2009 and 32bit XP.

I've done a couple of jobs with it but this is the first time that I've noticed the dots.

Any idea when a fix will be available?

- Garry
Hi,

I'm starting on the finished renderings for this job today, I was really hoping there was a patch available, no matter how temporary.

I see some people have some sort of fix but there's nothing in the files area.

Any idea what I can do?
Hello,

Still waiting for installers....

Feel free to always send me email to mailtoConfusedupport@afterworks.com and ask for a fix, even
if it's still not official.

Thanks,

Kresimir
My problems running the max 2008 32 bit version on Win XP were solved with the b patch. However, I've recently upgraded to windows vista 64 and the problem has returned in all its glory even with the patch. It appears regardless of renderer or shader used in max2008 64bit.

I've sent Kresimir a note about this.

Can anyone else confirm the problem?
Michael J. Narlock

Hi Michael
I can just confirm what was in my original post - 64-bit max2009 on XP is fine. Haven't tried Vista.

Mark
Hello,

AfterBurn update, that fixes black dots in render, is available inside our members area.
At the end of installers saga, we have decided to go with our own installers.
For users, that means that future updates would become available in a very short timeframe.

Regards,

Kresimir
I downloaded AB 4.0b a couple days ago, we thought that this version of AB would fix the black pixels artifacts, but however I still have it. I need to hit render before this weekend, do you have any hints or advice that i can do to get rid of these pixels?

Phiphat
I'm running a 64bit vista 3.0 ghz xeon 8 core. max 2009, with AB 4.0b.

Phiphat
here's my setting and a render. Please help Sad i'm running out of ideas (and time)

Phiphat
Hello,

It seems that the problem is in AfterBurn shadow map supersampling.
If you turn SuperSampling to off, scene seems to render fine.
Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Kresimir
also, we found that if we open the same scene on a 32 bit system, the artifacts were gone from the renders.

Phiphat