• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering Light in Dreamscape Animation
I have been hit and miss on rendering an animation that shows sky and the lighting is very erratic. I have had experience with using GI and the calculations are not consistent but I don't know in dreamscape how to get around it. Any suggestions?
Is there a way to calcilate the GI once and use it on every frame? This may also reduce my rendering times Big Grin
This may have been fixed in the latest update, but I don't remember. It has been narrowed to some sort of memory leak when opening the Dreamscape dialog. The work-around is to set up your scene with your Dreamscape dialog, then save and close the Max scene. After reopening, DO NOT open the Dreamscape dialog before rendering. This is supposed to stop any render flickering.
Hello,

It is hard to tell what might be wrong with animation.
Can you please send us a short clip to mailtoConfusedupport@afterworks.com ?

Thank you,

Kresimir
I've seen this as well, I will send you a sample video of it today... It seems pretty random to me.
-Jeremy
Kresimir, did you get the clip? I sent it to you a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard back. I get it all the time, I think it has something to do with the cloud layers, as if I turn them all off I have'nt noticed it.
Hello Jeremy,

It seems that I didn't get email from you.
Can you please resend ?

Thank you.

Kresimir
Yes I will send today...