• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterflics Excessive CPU Usage
Something that has been happening regularly for the last few years is that Afterflics uses up 25% of my server CPU continuously. When this happens I have to kill Afterflics in taskmanager and restart the service manually.

Any chance to get an update that might address this? Not sure if others are having this issue.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Hello Shawn,

We have AfterFLICS server up and running 24/7 for years on Windows 10 and never noticed such behavior, so thank you for report.
So you see one core completely used by AfterFLICS, or general CPU usage is 25%?
I assume you're using FumeFX licenses when this happens?
Is there any port sniffer or similar app that can interfere with AfterFLICS port?

Best,

Kresimir Tkalcec
I have noticed this issue randomly for a few years. There is no port sniffer applications I'm aware of (it's a machine I've been using as a license and game server for over a decade but almost no applications except the license servers like AfterFLICS, Itoo, Vue, and a few others). This issue is happening whether I'm using a license on a client machine or not. It doesn't happen at all times, but essentially every month or two I'll notice that the server isn't being quite as responsive as normal and when I log in, it's inevitably AferFLICS using one of the 4 cores.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Thank you Shawn for the input.
We will try to reprocude this behavior.

One more question if you have maybe tried.
When this happens, can you still pull the FumeFX license?

Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec