• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after using "continue simulation" scene ist not respnsive any longer
hello,
i tried to continue a simulation, but after a couple of frames FumeFx hangs and was not responsvie any longer.
cancel/stop simulation has no effect. your ar unable to restart or continue the simulation-process

C4D R20.059
RTX 2080TI ( Nvidia-Driver: 430.86)
Windows 10 Prof.

the scenefile includes point-level-animation-geometry, unfortunately too large for internal upload.so i uploaded the scenefile via Wetransfer:

https://we.tl/t-AJjaGDc4a1

thanks in advance!
oli
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
Hello,

At which frame did you stop the simulation as stop/continue at frame 19 works here ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
i restarted the simulation at frame 87. but now i cant do anything in the scene.
start a new simulation or stuff like that. its greyed-out ( see attachment)
i cant cancel the simulation nor stop it. as if fumeFX freezes internally.
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
Hello,

could you please try to run simulation again with FumeFX beta 2 version and check if problem occurs again?

Thank you,
Kristian
it works so far with Beta2.
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
...unfortunately the problem still exists with beta2.
with another project, including an animated windeffector, fumefx quits simulating after a couple of frames. i will post the projectfile a bit later.
what i recognize until now: the fumefx-simulation works without any trouble with higher spacing values. for exampke:
spacing value „2 cm“ works fine, but when i decrease the grid-resolution down to „0,5 cm“ fumefx shows the same behavoir as in beta1
please support, can you confirm that?
thanks in advance!
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
useruser Wrote:...unfortunately the problem still exists with beta2.
with another project, including an animated windeffector, fumefx quits simulating after a couple of frames. i will post the projectfile a bit later.
what i recognize until now: the fumefx-simulation works without any trouble with higher spacing values. for exampke:
spacing value „2 cm“ works fine, but when i decrease the grid-resolution down to „0,5 cm“ fumefx shows the same behavoir as in beta1
please support, can you confirm that?
thanks in advance!

You always have to read how much memory your simulation is going to use, so 0.5 cm in relation to your FumeFX grid is probably way too much for your system. Going from spacing 2 to 0.5 means 64 times more memory (4^3).
please have a look at this scenefile.
a grid with 0,5 cm spacing grid uses approx. not more than 20-25 GB memory? right? my sytem has 64GB memory. but fumefx suddenly stops after a couple of frames. you have to quit c4d via taskmanager and continue the simulation from the last calculated frame.
until the next "stop" and so on...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
what does that sphere in the object list ? I think it belongs into the source object only ( where is is situated as well btw) ...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

edit though I removed it - sim stops on frame 47 on my machine as well.
Windows: Version 1809 Build 17763.557
Cinema4D Version:R 20.059
CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
GPU Version: 419.67
hi lothar,
that was a mistake with the sphereobject. it is only been used as objectemitter. and thanks for verifying this issue too.
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
i tried it with a complete different setuo, with the same result: grid-spacing under 1cm results in the same behavior. you have to restart the simulation again and again until it is finished.
at the moment this issue is quit uncomfortable for testing any stuff, because you cant for example finish a simulation over night and have to login via teamviewer to start the simulation again and again which is i think a bit too time consuming.
it would be great if your team can fix this issue as soon as possible.
but beside of that issue i am really impressed by the general simulation-qualitiy and i am shure that it will be a great fun using fumefx in the future
thanks in advance!
c4d r20.056
win 10 64bit.
64 gb ram
4xgeforce rtx2080 ti
intel i7 6900k
Hello,

I'm simming it with beta 3 and pass frame 60 and still simming.
If I may suggest, I think it'll be fine to use conservative with quality 3 and solver quality 5 and you wouldn't notice must difference but it would sim much faster. Conservative it much slower than other types, but it's good if you wan't to keep the smoke volume and movement for a long time.