• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AfterFLICS.exe virus warning
About 2 weeks ago, without me noticing, Windows Defender (Win 10) decided that AfterFLICS.exe is malware and deleted it. It had never complained about it before and I haven't touch the install since a few months ago.
I re-downloaded the latest Fume 4.1.1 Maya2018 installer just to make sure I didn't have some weird version but no change. In fact Windows deletes the installer as soon as I download it.
I've had to add the AFLICS install directory as an exception just to be able to reinstall and run Fume.

I'm assuming this is a false positive from Defender but it would be nice to understand why.

Surely I can't be alone as this must affect anyone who hasn't disabled Defender?
Hello,

We never had similar problems, but some ciients had.
You can test file with multiple scans here:
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/scan-file

The problem might be that the virus definition file included the cracked version of AfterFLICS which is usually infected with virus and it creates false positive with original AfterFLICS.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I have a similar issue with my antivirus..
every downloaded installer file from fumefx (and shaders) appears to be as unsafe and malware infected..
Hello,

That is a false detection and there is no malware infection.
You can freely install all our tools.

Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
hello,

yeah I know.. I've installed all tools and no issue there.. Wink
but for some reason, it triggers the anti-virus..

was more like an fyi..

thx
Hello,

We have submitted this issue to Microsoft so we hope they will take a look into this and solve it for future Windows Defender updates.

Thank you!

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
actually it's not windows defender..
in my case its BitDefender..

just fyi
Thank you for the information.
Would you be so kind and post the fase detection to: https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

We do not have all the required information to post by ourselves.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Ttkalcec