• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Defender Marking FumeFX41R2018.EXE as trojan
Not sure what can be done about this, but Windows Defender is now marking FumeFX41R2018.EXE (downloaded from member area just yesterday) as a Trojan. According to Windows Defender (Windows 10), it's got Win32/Rundas.B. Maybe there is a way to submit the file to Windows to remove this issue.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Hello,

We did a Windows Defender scan of all the installation files and it didn't show anything (latest definition files).
Maybe your computer is already infected ?

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks for checking.

It was a false positive in Windows Defender. I couldn't even download the file because of it. Only after disabling WIndows Defender did it work. I got the same blocking problem on a second computer. But it looks like updating the definitions caused the problem to go away.

I felt I should let you know in case you needed to contact MS. I had a file in an app I built that was blocked for a while by some security software. It was totally benign, but contacting the AV devs helped get that issue squared away.
Shawn Olson
Thank you for the information !
Hi folks,

Doing a fresh install on brand new machine, and Windows Defender/Windows 10 is flagging installer FumeFX41R2016.EXE and FumeFX41R2018.EXE as containing trojans.
I turned off Windows Defender to get the install through (it did complete), turned on defender again and it immediately flagged Afterflics.exe as containing Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl and quarantined the files.

I'm sure it's a false positive but thought I should bring it to your attention to see about resolving it with MSFT.

Cheers,
Adam
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the notice.
Avast and other programs used to make the same false reports about AfterFLICS service.
That is most probably because cracked copies do indeed have mallware added to the service so the anti-virus scanning code identifies the original .exe wrong.

Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Seems that this issue is again present with Windows Defender in latest FFX 5.0 downloads. One must deactivate Windows Defender to even download the installers now. Sad
Shawn Olson
Hello,

We did change a few things in installers yesterday so if you could please try to re-download and see if the same happens ?
Interesting to note that it does not detect on our systems (win 10 with latest updates).

For false negative, please try to submit to Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
and we can hope that they can fix it.

Thank you.
Thanks. I already did submit to them as a false positive. Hopefully it helps.

I downloaded the file again just now and Windows still reports a virus and deletes the download immediately.
Shawn Olson
I find Win 10 a bit to "over protective" and it's hard to disable things even if you turn off Win Defender and turn off UAC.
Better to use Win 7, also way better performance in max for simulations. But I'm on Win 10 now as well, and also had some issues with Afterflics.exe, but it's working now.