• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Object Distance Controller on Object source
Hi, I'm having issues with the Object Distance Controller in Fumefx

I have tested it with a plane as my object source and an animated sphere as my Object Distance - controlling the smoke amount.
No matter what values I put as "minimum influence" and "maximum influence", I can not make my source emit smoke the closer the sphere is to it.
What does happen though, is that the smoke gets removed the closer the sphere is to the source. I've tried flipping the "minimum influence" and "maximum influence" values, but it produces the exact same result.

I basically want to invert the effect, so it adds smoke rather than remove smoke.

Am I missing something or is this a bug in fumefx? There is not a lot of documentation for this.

- My working units are in cm, but that shouldn't influence Fumefx.
- My smoke type is "set"
Hello,

This is a distance from the position of the object, not the mesh's face.
Was this maybe the issue?

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I tried looking into that too. I used a plane on the default position to test it, but it was the same result. However, if I tried emitting particles from the plane and then used "Object Distance" as the curve interpolation in the smoke amount, it worked like a charm. So I'm not sure what went wrong when using an object source. There's nothing unusual about the pivot points of the objects either.

Btw, can't wait for Fumefx 4.0 for maya. We're getting some big projects in the spring, so I'm crossing my fingers! Smile
Hello,

Can you please post the first scene without particles for us to test it?
FumeFX 4.0 for Maya would be out in Jan 2016.

Thank you.
Kresimir Tkalcec