• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maya crashing on loading fumefx scene
hi,
maya = 2015 sp6 64bit
os = windows 8.1 pro 64 bit
fumefx = 3.5.8 (also tested with 3.5.7)

maya opens normally, however when i load a scene that has fumefx simulation, it crashes. I loaded the scene on two different machines with the same crash. running maya under visual studio debugger, the last functions call was:
voxelflow.dll
fumefx.mll

(note: could not attach the entire call stack, this web page refuses to upload it...)

the size of the file causing the crash is approximately 83 M. Let me know how to share the file with you so you can reproduce the crash, however fumefx cache folder is approximately 468 gb, so uploading this cache won't be practical...
Hello,

Thank you for the report.
Can you please upload a scene and only first two caches to a dropbox ?
We will take a look at it ASAP.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
perfect, will do that now and will let you know once i am done. Thanks.
Before uploading, it might be a problem that you have a different Maya version than the one use to compile FumeFX.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
could you pls explain more?
hi, i've sent the link to the scene to the support email address. pls confirm that you have received it.
catchyid Wrote:could you pls explain more?

Hello,

Under the files download it states that FumeFX 3.5.8 is built with Maya 2015 ext1 sp5.
Autodesk has a habit of breaking compatibilities on Maya even between SP releases.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I understand now. I have been using sp 6 since it was released, and it crashed once or twice as far as I remember. The only thing I did recently new was using "larger" grids and deformers. What do you recommend? Also, were you able to reproduce the problem?

thanks,
okay, i remember using maya "optimize scene size" and maybe the crash is related to this command (maybe somehow it deleted some fumefx nodes)! I am using an older version of the scene prior using the "optimize scene size" and it opens...you can put this issue on hold now.

thanks.
Hello,

Sure, thanks for the feedback !

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec