• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geospecific Imagery in Dreamscape Terra
Is there any way to assign geospecific imagery to the dreamscape terrain?

I have a DEM of a region, and aerial imagery of the same area, and would like to use Dreamscape to generate the terrain. However it seems that there is no means to apply UV coordinates to the Terra object without rendering as geometry. Am I missing some setting which will allow me to apply a texture with the same coverage as the DEM?

regards

Mike
I'm guessing due to the lack of response that this is indeed impossible.

Sad

Mike
Hello,

You can assign a map to a Std material and apply it to DreamScape Terra, which should render fine. No extra UVW mapping on the Terra is not needed.
Have you tried that ?

Regards,

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir,

I have tried to apply a standard material, but for whatever reason when rendering it loses the texture and appears to use a solid colour instead. The image displayed in the modelling viewport is correct, but not when rendering.

regards

Mike
mike.p.spencer Wrote:Hi Kresimir,

I have tried to apply a standard material, but for whatever reason when rendering it loses the texture and appears to use a solid colour instead. The image displayed in the modelling viewport is correct, but not when rendering.

regards

Mike

I don't know what I clicked but it now appears to be working - thanks

Edit: I know now what I clicked I had turned on render as geometry in the Terra object, when I disable that the image will only render in grey rather than using the bitmap texture. I can only assume that I have something set up incorrectly in the Dreamscape Environment, or Dreamscape sun which is making the image washed out, if it is indeed using it.

Mike
Hello,

Please find sample attached - you will need to select some bitmap from your computer. It will render DS Terra as non-geom with a bitmap on it.

Kresimir