• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamics Generated Texture applied to Adaptive Sea Surface
To whom it may concern

I am using Dreamscape 2.1 with Max 7.0. I have setup a simple mesh representing a boat shape and have animated it. I do not require advanced dynamics, just want to generate a wake texture. I have the Adaptive Mesh setup on the Sea Surface. I want to be able to apply the .bmp files generated to define the wake back onto the Sea Surface. Do I place these into the Foam Map ? How do I make these .bmp files show up on the Sea Surface. I have the tutorials, and videos, but cannot find how to do it. Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks
biwmedia
Hi,

Normally you would just stick the foam map in the foam map slot and it would pick up the foam data automatically, provided the sea surface uses the precalculated foam.

You should also be able to use bitmaps directly (if you need to control the foam from the wake separately for example)

Normally what I do if I want to use bitmaps in the slot, is I created a blend material of the sea material and a standard white material with the bmp in the mask slot.

However, you will need to change the UV tiling settings for the bitmap - Dreamscape seems to use unusual scales, so if you make your tiling .005, .005 and show in viewport, you should be able to see your map.

You will probably need to fiddle with the settings (and the offset) to position it correctly.

Max 7.5/8 makes it slightly easier as you can use real-world values.

Cheers,

Steve