• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Simulations, AfterFLICS, DCPFLICS
I could not get the Network Simulations to work using a License server.

1. We installed the SL to the render node
2. We edited the DCPFLICS.ini file (On the render Node) to point the node at the license server
3. We copied the DCPFLICS folder from one of the nodes to the License server (as directed)
4. Ensured DCPFLICS runs as a service and was running on both the Node and the license server.

When submitting a simulation job via Back burner, the node would indicate there was not a valid SL on the (Render Node) in the BB server window (on the node and on the manager) and the job would fail.

What we DID get to work:
We ran Max 2010 in evaluation mode on the node(s) we wanted to use for network simulations (after installing the SL on the nodes).
Once it (Max 2010) was open we clicked on the FumeFX and we able to authorize via Turbo Squid using our serial numbers

Now we can submit simulations to the specific nodes AND they still Network Render using MR.

My concern is what happens if someone has already opened Max on a Render Node and it is past the 30 day trial period, how do they activate it?

There has to be a better way..
David
We make things crash and burn........
Hello,

Inside FumeFX about box, you have option to authorize SL version.
This way, you can authorize it from your local machine to the license server, but before this,
you need to setup ini files properly.

We will add more information about those procedure to the help file.

Thank you.

Kresimir
OK, but you need to have Max installed to get to the about box right?
Most render nodes dont have a full license of max on them.

EDIT: I mean it is installed so it can be used as a render node, but isnt used as a work station

David
ddustin Wrote:OK, but you need to have Max installed to get to the about box right?
Most render nodes dont have a full license of max on them.

EDIT: I mean it is installed so it can be used as a render node, but isnt used as a work station

David

Yes, but you can authorize remotely from any machines with FumeFX installed.
From auth dialog you need to select license server, and click authorize.

Regards,

Kresimir
Answer is below......
Big thanks to Beau at TurboSquid for his help with this.

Beau at TS explains it very well in this video: http://www.screencast.com/users/BeauTS/f...fe3c8464b5

You Authorize it from your work station AFTER doing these things:
1. Make sure You have DCPFLICS.ini configured on your Local/Workstation machine to point to the license server (I use the IP of the server).
2. Make sure the workstation has DCPFLICS.exe running.
3. If you change your DCPFLICS.ini (on either the server, node or workstation) file you will need to restart the service to make it take effect, and sometimes you have to kill it in task manager to get it to stop, then re-run DCPFLICS_tools.exe and make sure it says it is running/started.
4. If you have not installed it yet, run the 32 bit (if you are using a 32 bit machine as your License server) SL install file, when you get to the part where it asks you if you want to install typical etc or Custom, choose Custom. Under the custom window only have the DCPFLICS protection.
5. The DCPFLICS.ini file on the License server should look like this:
[Port]
[Servers]
localhost
[Guests]
everyone

6. Make sure you restart DCPFLICS if you make changes.
7. So once you have all your nodes with the correct ini settings, open your WORKSTATION, make a fume grid and make sure the GUI is visible, then click HELP and then ABOUT and select re-authorize FUmeFX (sim Lic).

Follow Beau's instructions in the video as far as entering both serial numbers (or more if you have purchase more).
If everything is correct, there will be a LIC file created on your License server, running DCPFLICS_tools.exe on the License server should show you have 2 licenses avaialable.
If not you may be having firewall problems. Beau talks about those here: http://www.screencast.com/users/BeauTS/f...48c8019fa0
Hope this helps sombody.
David
EDIT: I dont think you can run DCPFLICS_tools.exe and AfterFLICS_tools at the same time. I think one has to be closed for the other to open.
Good clips !
I will post them as well.

Thank you.

Kresimir
I just feel stupid that it took me so long to understand it....
Hello,

I think we need to update docs, particularly about box SL authorization.

Kresimir