• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFx Script Properties Questions
I'm probably having a very cloudy day in head because I can't seem to find these maxscript properties from the fume UI:
Code:
-- using this command on a selected fumefx node
show $
Code:
PreviewStart
PreviewEnd
PrevewNth
PreviewFPS
I tried to get and set thier values, but I didn't notice any change.
Jeff Lim
This property is also strange:
Code:
SolverType
Usually, if you have a drop down list, if you set the integer for the list to be more than the number of the items, the drop down list would go blank.
For example, Pflow's Position Object location property has 9 items. Executing this code would make it blank.(Index is 0 -based)
Code:
$'Position Object 01'.location = 10
I'm just guessing that the SolverType script access is there but is simply nonfunctional. (Which isn't really a big problem since Conjugate Gradient is the only option we have right now).
Jeff Lim
I also noticed this:
Code:
ExportRenderingParams
There doesn't seem to be any help/info regarding this function in the help files and here in the forums. (I also tried google Big Grin )

What is this function for?
Jeff Lim
By far, this property is the most interesting one as it seems to have a direct effect on the sim.

Pretty simple setup, using 3 identical sim grids (default settings).. the only difference is the systemScale value set via maxscript:
[Image: testfumesystemscalesree.jpg]

[Image: testfumesystemscale.gif]
Jeff Lim
that last test is interesting.

So would it be possible to have a fume grid at one physical scale ( matching scene geo) but act as if it at another scale Via the maxscript command?

cheers

sam
sam
Yeah, looking at the comparison sims above, the effect probably goes like this:
Smaller Values = Large Scale (Plumes)
Bigger Values = Small Scale (Candle)

The scene above all have 1.5 spacing. My system units is in centimeters.

Here's a larger render:
[Image: testfumesystemscalerendx.jpg]

It would be interesting to do an experiment to see if there are differences when scaling it using these:
Code:
$.scale
$.spacing * scale
$.systemScale
Jeff Lim
Galagast Wrote:I also noticed this:
Code:
ExportRenderingParams
There doesn't seem to be any help/info regarding this function in the help files and here in the forums. (I also tried google Big Grin )

What is this function for?

This will export all rendering params, including gradients and TM to a file.
It is here because some companies use their own shaders, or even RMan and with this command they can export
all relevant params.
Hello,

Some params that are visible from MXS and not documented are not officially supported, and/or they're used internally.

Kresimir
>Some params that are visible from MXS and not documented are not officially supported, and/or they're used internally.
Thanks for the info regarding that, I guess it leaves us users to play with it at our own risks. Big Grin
Jeff Lim
You're welcome Smile
Interesting discovery/concept Jeff Smile
Quote:Interesting discovery/concept Jeff
Thanks Johnny! It's feels like a new feature that we could play around with. hehe

Quote:This will export all rendering params, including gradients and TM to a file.
It is here because some companies use their own shaders, or even RMan and with this command they can export
all relevant params.
I was just wondering, it seems to always return false, even though the file was successfully created.
Code:
$.ExportRenderingParams @"c:\test.txt"
false
Jeff Lim
Thanks for you finding - I will check why it always returns false.
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo yes yes yes you confirmed my suspicions about systemscale. yes yes yes yes....