• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterburn glow render hanging
Hi
I'm using 4.0b in max 2009. I'm creating channels, adding the Afterburn Glow effect. But the max hangs on 'Transforming Vertices' every time.

I've tried everything but I can't get a render. Anybody else having trouble?

Thanks
Mark
I got the same problem and after contacting afterworks via email their solution was to open the tutorial file completed rocket glow (or something like that) and render that. That file rendered fine. However if I do that same tutorial from the beginning (not opening the final completed version) I go the same problem again. Afterworks never resolved the issue for me either. That was more than a year ago.
Hello,

Everything works fine here, so it's really hard for me to fix a bug if I cannot reproduce it.
Each time I create scene from scratch, add glow, select Fusionworks channels - frame renders properly with glow applied.

Thank you.

Kresimir
Thanks. I tried the tutorial file and it renders fine. But it's not really going to be practical for me to merge other data into this file. I just tried one merge and max froze anyway.

The problem seems to be 'FusionWorksRenderingEffects' not appearing in the Effects tab. I'm assuming it's meant to appear automatically when you add an Afterburn Glow effect or create channels in Afterburn. No sign of it anywhere.

Kresimir, is there anything I can test to try and narrow down the problem?

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

That would be of a big help !
Just to make sure: I ran max 2009 64 bit for this test and AfterBurn 4.0b.

I started with empty scene
- create particles
- create AfterBurn
- pick particles
- in FusionWorks select Create channels
- select Material ID
- render

Open Effects tab and see FWRE plugin entry.

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir

The render hangs at 'Transforming Vertices...' every time. The same happens when I try creating other channels too.

3dsmax 2009 Service Pack 1
XP x64 SP2 Japanese
Same steps as I did ?
You use 32 bit max on 64 bit OS ?

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir

Yes, exactly the same steps. This is 64bit max on XP x64 SP2.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

I'll try other systems here, but so far I was not able to repro.
Can you please try to open a maxscript listener and repeat steps ?
Maybe it can tell us something.

Thank you.

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir

No, nothing in the listener unfortunately.
The only other plugins I have installed by the way are FinalRender and Dreamscape.
Still hanging at 'Transforming Vertices...'.

Max 2010 gives exactly the same results.

Thanks
Mark
Win7 x64, Max 2010 x64 AB 4.0b with FinalRender R2 and some other plugins - everything works fine here :o
Hi Kresimir

How about XP x64 SP2? And could my OS being Japanese have anything to do with it?

Thanks
Mark
Hello Mark,

I'm currently running Xp64 without problems... this problems sounds like related to 3ds max, but
I'm still no clear how as this was always working for me and I changed many computers, operating systems
and configurations.

Kresimir