• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreamscape artifacts on horizon
Please take a look at this image:
http://picasaweb.google.com/woll.frank/ ... 6988271570

It seems as I get this issue avery so often. What paramets should I tweak to get rid of this?

Thanks,

Frank
I think I figured it out - not large enough value for "width" under the "size" in the "parameters" roll out for "adaptive mesh".
Hello Frank,

This can happen with dense adaptive sea grid in the distance, unfortunately,
as all faces are aligned to the camera.

Kresimir
Okay - so adjusting the grid to less dense would be better?

Also - I've started to use Max 2008 and Brazil @ inside a linear workflow Gamma2.2

Is Dreamscape set up for this? WIll my dreamscape skywork? I seem to be having trouble with that - Sky comes out super dark.
Thanks,

Frank
All plugins are officially supported for Scanline renderer as 3rd party renderes are sometimes to handle.
Sorry to say, but Brazil is the least supported and finalRender the most, while VRay is in the middle.

This however relates to our expirience with 3rd party renderer developers.

Regards,

Kresimir
Hi Kresmir,

Thanks for the info. I have messed around for a couple of days now and am getting some pretty good basic results now. One thing I noticed - when exporting an image out of Brazil using a 32 bit EXR image - when I inport it into my HDR editing software Adobe CS3 or Photomatrix - the Dreamscape images come in very bright. All my otehr HDR images come in very dark and I hav to tone map them up for 8 bit export. However the Brazil images that come from Dreamscape are acting as if they have an extra gamma adjustment applied to them. IS there a tricl to using the exposure setting on the top menu?

Does Dreamscape listen to the gamma setting in the Max user perferences or do I need to match it with the mentioned exposure setting in the top General parameters roll out for Dreamscape Environment setting?

I feel that with just a little direction I could probably get the Brazil Dreamscape Linear work flow worked out to the level that the Final render and Vray guys are enjoying?

Looking forward to any pointers you can provide.

Cheers,

Frank
Hello,

None of our plugins do anything in regards to gamma settings - this is left to 3ds max to handle... and as
far as I can see, there are no renderer switches in the DreamScape code that would shading behavior depending on the renderer in use.

Regards,

Kresimir