• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it "safe" to buy Afterburn 4.0
I have Afterburn 3.2 but I am thinking of buying 4.0 but I read so much about bugs in v4.0 so maybe I should wait?
Not so fun to buy a plugin with so many bugs in it...

Or, have them been fixed? Not so much info in this board anymore...

/Stefan
Hi Stefan,

What bugs does concern you, and which 3ds max version you intend to run ?

Regards,

Kresimir
Hello

Well, I can´t say what bugs due I haven´t used it yet (only 3.2c) but if you see yourself in this forum, and a few at cgtalk, many seems to have some problems with misc things, and that is not what you want if you buy a plugin of cource.

Right now, I use max 2008 but soon I will upgrade to 2009.

Regards
Stefan
Can someone please answer me here? Not much "action" here anymore...
Like I said, I read a lot of posts from people, here and at CGTalk about problems, bugs and so on, so thats why I ask if it´s saft to buy it or should I wait until v4.x?
Don´t know how much bugfixes being done since v4 was released but it´s still on v4.0 so...
There are some issues with the Octane shader (shadows) and Hypersolids/Metaball(the occassional crashing at rendertime). Seriously though, other than that it is great.
we use ABurn 4 all day long and it does great. The new AB Shadows are wicked fast and there's only one thing we're trying to get fixed is the particle alignment & scale from TP into ABurn. Other than that ABurn 4 is great.

Also make sure your scene scale isn't HUGE (e.g. 100,000 units) else this will make it hard to get nice shader noise...
Okay, thanks folks, nice to hear.
I was thinking in using it along with TP3.

Thanks for the replys!