• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFx and Vray(General Self Illumination)Help
Hi Guys,

Just a quick basic question, I've been looking all over and I can't seem to get around understanding this, so I know this is a fumefx forum but please hold the flames(ok bad joke)

I've been just going through the manual etc, what I am trying to understand is having fumefx self-illuminate. I have seen this done. eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWehorg2rVw

Im having trouble understanding how to apply it to my simulation, so I was wondering if someone could clarify.

My understanding is you create a light eg I create an omni, add it in Vray, and Fumefx takes that light and applies it through the fumefx source, EG say a torch flame, if this is so I don't seem to be having much luck. Do I have to add G.I via Vray or ??

Again, any help or even a push in the right direction would be appreciated, I apologise for such a basic question in advance but I wouldn't post unless I was absoulutely stuck.

Thanks
Shan
Basically in your Fume Render Panel, all you need to do in order for your sim to generate GI is turn up the GI multiplier, also in the illumination panel, enable multiple scattering and from there you can adjust the strength of your fire as well. Turn on Ind. Illumination in VRay and your good to go!
Thank you SO much, works great.(sorry for late reply)

Much appreciated.

Shan
Is this posible with mental Ray? if so how?

thanks

Oliver
I cannot get it to work like the explosion example. I've tried everything I can think of but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a conflict with my version of vray. I get a modest amount of gi but the multiply spinner doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have a sample scene that has good gi they can upload for me? I'd be so grateful.
kallipigos Wrote:I cannot get it to work like the explosion example. I've tried everything I can think of but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a conflict with my version of vray. I get a modest amount of gi but the multiply spinner doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have a sample scene that has good gi they can upload for me? I'd be so grateful.

are you using any exposure controls like vcam or environment settings?

also try bumping the primary and secondary bounce multipliers to some thing nuts like 12, see if you get any illum. then scale back
I have created a max file that works here, so you can try it with VRay.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=681

Kresimir
Is the link to this file still valid, I am not having much luck with Fume and VRAY.

Thanks.