• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can maxscript copy post script to the fumefx script?
Hi all,
If I write a poststep script for fumefx in original maxscript window and the maxscript itself possible to copy the function and everything to maxscript in fumefx?
did you try it ? :?
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cgfluids.com">http://www.cgfluids.com</a><!-- w -->
Hi, I was trying to do but could not find function that I can access through the maxscript in fumefx.. Sad
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but...

Open FumeFX mxs window from the FumeFX floater and copy your code inside the poststep function:

fn poststep = (
-- your code --
-- you can access all global variables and functions from here too...
)

or you can define functions and call them later from within callbacks...

fn myfn = ( some code )
fn poststep = (
myfn()
)

Vjeko
I think he wants to create a maxscript that would apply specific sets of code to fumefx... quick example: let's say for instance I want to create a GUI with some presets of fume scripts, and I want this script (done through maxscript) to apply my code to fume when I press the "Apply Code to Fume" button. I select a script / preset in my self made GUI and when I say apply, it should show up in fume... is this possible?
I don't think that would be possible...
You could change the default script by editing the "simulation script template.txt" file in FumeFX folder, if that is of any use.
Vjeko
Yeah. what Solitude said is exactly what I wanted..
Hmm, so, thats not possible..
Thanks for replying. Big Grin
Solitude Wrote:I think he wants to create a maxscript that would apply specific sets of code to fumefx... quick example: let's say for instance I want to create a GUI with some presets of fume scripts, and I want this script (done through maxscript) to apply my code to fume when I press the "Apply Code to Fume" button. I select a script / preset in my self made GUI and when I say apply, it should show up in fume... is this possible?

I have add this to the wishlist for FumeFX 1.2

Thank you.

Kresimir