• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFX Installation
I installed an authorized FumeFX but am having some issues with doing the first tutorial.

Running Max 9 SP2, FumeFX 1.0a (Note: SP2 was installed after experiencing the following issue)

When I try the candle tutorial and get to the step where you select the helper object basically it will not select. After selecting the wick it just goes back to the 4 button configuration. When I select object source again nothing it shows nothing was selected.

Also on any completed sample file if I render no Fume effect shows and if I click the simulation button Max crashes.

Any guidance would be appreciated. The plugin seems to have authenticated properly.

Thanks,
Chad
There are two version of FumeFX, one is just to run simulations and the other is the full version.

It sounds like you installed the Simulation version instead of the Full version.
The file I installed is below. I did not receive a link for another Simulation only install.

FumeFX 1.0a - FumeFX 1.0a FULL (32-bit) ACAP9.exe

Is there something I missed?

Thanks,
Chad
Hmm, that's the right one.

Have you tried hitting the pick object button and use the select-by-name dialog instead?

Also strange crash, have you also tried a restart/reboot?
Ok. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall but still experiencing the same issue.

Running Max 9 SP2 (32-bit). If it matters other plugins installed are: Afterburn 3.2a, Box #1 and Box #3. Still waiting for TP 3. ;-)

1) Created the FumeFX Grid
2) Created FumeFX Object Source Helper
3) Pick object using pick by name
4) Select wick

Screen just goes back to the 4 helper types.

5) Select Object Source again and confirm Object field is still blank.

Any way to do deeper troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Chad
So you have the object source selected, you then add the wick to the object source (or this is were it is failing?). Step 5 Select the Object source and add it to the simulation, add to the Objects/Sources/Spacewarps field under the FFX Obj/Src tab.

Does it work then?

Have you got a screenshot ot the ffx obj/src tab?
I have attached 3 images.

1) This shows the screen right before selecting the object

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

2) Object selection

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

3) Resulting screen

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Chad
That's weird behaviour, does it still show nothing in the modify panel?

I usually don't go through the create panel, I have a small scripted interface for all my fume stuff, so the disappearing of the parameters maybe a normal action (just one not many people would be used too)
Chad,

You're doing all this from Create mode, but you should use plugins, tweak parameters, etc..
in a Modify mode.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kreismir
Thanks,

All is working now. Was a combination of not using Modify panel and a issue with a network attached storage for the sims that was not reliable.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Chad