• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEST WORKFLOW FOR VRAY & DREAMSCAPE ??? / SETTINGS ???
Hy, i bought ds & trying to set up a scene with vray, i need to render my file distributed with vray, so

whats the best way to set up my scene ?, Is it possible to have foam & all that just for a still image & how its been done best. Also is it possible to use ds sky with vray & how ? All of my test failed & my timeline is killing me.

Is there maybe a preset or demoscene available, for a realistic looking basic ocean with little foam. because thats all im looking for, no special storm or something.

thanks for any help on this
We use Vray and Dreamscape to do our skies. In order for this to work properly, keep the following in mind:

-- You need a dreamscape sun in your scene, it cannot be in an xref.
-- Exposure in a Vray Physical Camera does not produce correct results.
-- Use linear color mapping when rendering your sky. We render the sky on a separate layer and composite it in.
-- Dreamscape works in meters. Set your dreamscape global multiplier to the correct value if you work in other units (3.28 if you work in feet)

You can get away with fairly low sampling rates on the sky. We usually use adaptive -2,2.

Hope that helps,

-Aubrey
NC3D.com
sorry to ask a question on this post but i was having problem with vray and dreamscape
1- no shadows.... when you say make sure the dreamscape sun is not a xref (((what do you mean by this)))
X-Referencing is the term used to describe an object that is not actually in your scene that is referenced from another scene file.
He is saying that your Dreamscape sun must actually be in the scene and not referenced from another scene.