• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMap Network Rendering Error
I'm having problems network rendering using the VMap daemon.

Locally my scene renders fine in just a couple of seconds but as soon as I send it to render over the network using backburner the renders take up to 3 hours per frame. I rebuilt a very simple scene that just uses a default PFlow with default Afterburn settings and the same problem occurs as soon as I add the VMap Daemon (with a default noise map).

I have changed the noise settings in Afterburn to 0 as it recommends in the help file. I also noticed that the render is only using 1 of the 4 CPUs when it tries to render over the network and all 4 locally. The problem seems more than this though as when I restrict my local machine to only use 1 CPU it still renders in 8 seconds.

Any help/ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Aaron
Following my last post I realised that this is also a problem with finalRender... It only occurs when using the VMapDaemon with FinalRender. It has also stopped working locally. It's very inconsistant but I have created a file that seems to consistantly not work. This file can be fixed by changing the renderer to scanline and then back to finalRender stage-1 but this temp fix doesn't work with my other working files.

http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/download/VmapProb.zip

I am using Max9 64bit, WinXPx64.

Thanks
Aaron
Hello Aaron,

I am in contact with Cebas and we're looking into it.
Thank you for submitting this bug report.

Regards,

Kresimir