• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation problems
Hi

I've just sent TS a note re problems I'm having with the installer. Maybe someone here can help me - any help would be most welcome (and yes, I know I've probably done something really dumb :oops:

I've run the installer script and loaded max, but I get error messages as follows:

"DLL failed to initialize. Error code: 126 - The specified module could not be found

and similar for FumeFX.dlo, FumeFX_PF.dlo, FumeFX_TP.dlo and Afterworks.dlu

I’ve tried adding the various paths through Customise > Configure System Paths > 3rd Party Plugins, with paths to the plugins root folder, afterworks, afterworks > FumeFX and afterworks > Common, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference, and the FumeFX tools don’t appear in max

Cheers
Neil
Hi,
this question may seem a bit strange but did you use the correct installer for your version of 3dsmax? I only ask because I got the exact same error messages until I noticed that Turbosquid provides different versions of the plugin on their download page and I tried to install version 7 of the plugin on max9.
Best regards
Matthias
I had the same problem - you need to make sure that in the max plugins.ini file any sitni satni plugin entries are in the order:

[Directories]
Afterworks Common=D:\3dsMax8\plugins\Afterworks\Common\
Additional MAX plug-ins=D:\3dsMax8\plugins\
FumeFX=D:\3dsMax8\Plugins\Afterworks\FumeFX\
AfterBurn=D:\3dsMax8\Plugins\Afterworks\AfterBurn3\
DreamScape=D:\3dsMax8\Plugins\Afterworks\DreamScape2\

... and make sure you don't have any duplicates of Afterworks.dlu around the place, just the single version that comes with FumeFX.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Adam
Hello Neil,

It seems to me that you were installing 3ds max 7 or 8 into 3ds max 9 (as Matthias said).
I assume this because FumeFX_TP.dlo does not exists for 3s max 9 as there is no Thinking Particles for it (yet).
Please let me know if this problem persists.

Regards,

Kresimir
Hi guys

Yep, you were right, I'd installed the max 7 version instead - I never even saw the pull down menu on TurboSquid's site I was in such a hurry to download FumeFX!

Thanks to you all for your help, I'm now up and running.

Regards
Neil
Hi, I also recieved this error: "DLL .....FumeFX_TP.dlo failed to initialize. Error code 126 - The specified module could not be found"

Then I read here and got the idea to change my plugin.ini like this, the "Include" part moved to just under" directories:

[Directories]
[Include]
cebas plugins=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\cebas\3dsmax2009\cebas_plugin.ini
Afterworks Common=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\Common
AfterBurn 4=c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\AfterBurn4
FumeFX=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\FumeFX
;=;

Instead of:

[Directories]
Afterworks Common=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\Common
AfterBurn 4=c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\AfterBurn4
FumeFX=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Plugins\Afterworks\FumeFX
;=;
[Include]
cebas plugins=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\cebas\3dsmax2009\cebas_plugin.ini

It worked for me, don't get that error anymore.
Hope it work!!
That is correct.
Cebas' TP files has to be loaded before FumeFX_TP , similar to AfterWorks Common folder files
has to be loaded before AfterBurn, FumeFX,etc...

Regards,

Kresimir