• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterburn and Final Render Sp3a
I posted it as a bug some time ago and was wondering if anythings moved Smile
AfterBurn no longer supports caustics and global illumination in Final Render SP3. It's got something to do with the new way FR deals with object properties. If you upgraded sp2 to sp3 you still have FR Properties in the rightclick menu for every object. If you switch GI or Caustics there it works.
If you turn these options through the new sp3 interface (FR tab in standard object properties) it does not work.

Problem is that if you install a fresh Final Render SP3a you don't have the FR properties menu and you're left with the new interface so there is no way of rendering GI nor Caustics with Afterburn Sad
Thank you for bug report - we were not aware of those changes.
We will contact Cebas and solve this problem..

Regards,

Kresimir
Hey Filip ,

The new Way Fr Deals with Fr Properties is Just Right Click Normal Max Properties but Fr Properties tab ( at the left of General tab) .. But whats interesting is i never saw Any Gi receiving afterburn from final render , i v Did emiting gi from the AB Atmospherics but Never Receiving .. have u seen that working ever ?

Regards,
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cgfluids.com">http://www.cgfluids.com</a><!-- w -->
Dukeofhasard Wrote:Hey Filip ,

The new Way Fr Deals with Fr Properties is Just Right Click Normal Max Properties but Fr Properties tab ( at the left of General tab) .. But whats interesting is i never saw Any Gi receiving afterburn from final render , i v Did emiting gi from the AB Atmospherics but Never Receiving .. have u seen that working ever ?

Regards,

Rif, AfterBurn can receive GI and Caustics from fR for a long time Smile
ScatterVL Pro an also get caustics from fR.
Yes, it totally works. Well worked with Max 7.5 and FR SP2d7.
It still works if you upgraded Final render through sp2d7 on Max 8. Then the FR properties menu under right click menu is still visible. If you change options for your After Effects particles there, everything works. The thing is that these options are not "wired" with the new FR options tab in normal properties Sad Changing parameters in one, doesn't change them in the other.
The new FR properties is not just an UI change since you have to convert FR properties from older scenes Smile

It worked and it worked realy well. It was pretty fast with GI Image and I absolutely loved volume caustics with After Burn Smile
Hey yesterday I tried it on Max 9 64bit with Final Render st1 R2 and it still doesn't work. Seems to me that no one is working to resolve this now.

Will have to wait for AfterBurn4, but Kresimir please don't overlook this compatibility issue since it was really really cool Sad
Hello,

I'm in close contact with Edwin from Cebas, so everything should be OK for AfterBurn 4.0 .

Regards,

Kresimir
Taht's great to hear. It's even greater to hear about AB 4 Smile)))
Any info on that plizz?
I ran a search on it in google and found some russian forums are already searching for a crack for it Smile)))) Hope it hasn't leaked out... without me knowing about it Wink))
It's not in beta testing yet, so I can guarantee that it's not leaked Smile

In short, AfterBurn 4.0 will be better, faster and more flexible.
Also, some old and useless parts will be removed for the package (like AfterBurn fog and volume fog).

Kresimir
Hmm, is there a way of signing up for Beta testing??? Me, me, me, me, me Smile))