• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFX Vorticity / Krakatoa Water Foam
I've created a sim in FumeFX.

I've used Pflow with the follow fume node and have particles.

I took those particles and rendered them into partitions in Krakatoa.

Then I meshed those particles with Frost.

I'm trying to add Foam to my render now by utilizing vorticity from the particles, but the only vorticity that Krakatoa recognizes is from Real Flow.

Is there a way to get foam particles that are based off of vorticity out of FumeFX or am I going about this the wrong way?
Hello,

Yes, the PFlow particles cannot pick and store voricity values from the FumeFX grid.
Foam is created usually only with particles so I'm not sure if I understood it correctly since you're meshing those particles.
We can implement this into this information inside the FumeFX NodeWorks so users can generate particles in FumeFX flow based on vorticity values.
Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks for the reply man.

Yeah the "water" portion is meshed but the foam portion I want to use particles.

Is there a way to do generate particles from the vorticity?
Hello,

We can add to NodeWorks ReadVoxel node vorticity output, so one could iterate over all voxels in the sim and generate particles where vorticity value is above some threshold.
Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Ok is that already available or something that would come in the future?
Officially, it can be added for the next FumeFX 6 beta that should be available within two weeks.
However, you can email to support@afterworks.com and specify which 3ds max version you use and we can send you a test build with this functionality.
Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
(11-22-2022, 05:27 PM)KresimirĀ Tkalcec Wrote: Officially, it can be added for the next FumeFX 6 beta that should be available within two weeks.
However, you can email to support@afterworks.com and specify which 3ds max version you use and we can send you a test build with this functionality.

Awesome!