• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline orientation and flat spline mesh?
Information 
when i move particles on surface and generate trails from them, generated spline meshes are half inside the mesh surface. also is there any way to generate flat planer splines instead of 3d hollow shapes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-08-2022, 08:44 PM)Anuj Raghav Wrote: when i move particles on surface and generate trails from them, generated spline meshes are half inside the mesh surface. also is there any way to generate flat planer splines instead of 3d hollow shapes
Hello,

I assume that you create splines in Trail mode so the spline will be created along the path that particle travels.
If you want to avoid partice going back into that object you might test particle entering this object and then delete that paticles.
As for a ribbon type spline shape, you could use rectangular shape.

Attached is an example.
Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
hi thanks for reply, but i am already using surface follow, so particles are moving on surface, but spline is still rotated and penetrating the surface it is moving on.
basically, i want points to be scattered on plane(ground) and then move and form a shape (large box in this case). while moving they should follow surfaces (ground and box)
and while moving they should form a short trail.

i have already picked rectangle with very less height for ribbon effect, but this is not what planer ribbons are as i don't want geometry with backside faces.

sorry cant see any attachment in your reply .

pls see attached file

Attached Files
.zip   Go To Target.zip (Size: 103.17 KB / Downloads: 3)
Hello,

Thank you for the file.
That is a really good question and right now it would be difficult to align shapes by using the spline to mesh twist and rotations.
I will see if we can add a custom orientation input pin for each spline knot so user would have a complete control over the shape rotation and alignment.
It's on the todo list now.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec