• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few Dreamscape Defects
I added DS to a project I'm working on in 3ds Max 2022.3. I noticed some issues in order of importance:

1. Max crashes when using DS in VRay if you cancel a render but hit the Render button again in the VRay VFB. To avoid the crash, you need to cancel with the Max render dialog stop button, then close the VRay VFB--now you can render without a crash. This may be a Vray defect instead, but I've only seen this defect in Vray with DS scene.
  2. When adding a Dreamscape Sky or Subsurface Atmospheric effect, the effect name is missing them the effects list. You can manually add the name in the name field, but the user should not have to do this.
  3. DS Scene nodes are given a Baseobject name of "Object" in the modify tab instead of the class name they get in previous versions. This relates to some localization changes made in recent versions of Max's SDK. I will give a hint on fixing them when I'm back in front of code this week.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Hello Shawn,

Thank you for the notes.
That VRay crash is odd indeed. Not sure what VFB would have anything with DS. We will investigate it.

As for the names, it's been noted and fixed here, but we need to push that version out.
Probably along with next 3ds max release.

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks Kresimir.
Shawn Olson
Hello,

DreamScape update is available today with max 2023 support and names fixes.
The minor version is still the same (2.5.8).

Thank you for those reports.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks Kresimir Smile
Shawn Olson
I spoke too soon. I it looks like this version of DS broke FumeFX and Afterburn on 3ds Max 2022. When I installed it, I get eorrors on launch from both Fume and Afterburn. Uninstalling the new update and reinstalling older version at least lets 2022 launch.

I'm assuming that to properly use this latest DS installation that it requires the latest installer for those too as well for a newer Afterworks.dlu or FusionWorks.dlr ?
Shawn Olson
Hello,

Have you updated FumeFX to 5.1.2 ? There were changes in AfterWorks.dlu, so all our plugins require recompile.
AfterBurn update will be ready soon.

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec