• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAYA 2019.2 OSX Turbulence preview window doesn't work
Hey, this is my first time posting here, loving the product! I am using FUME FX 5.0.4 for MAYA, when I updated to MAYA 2019.2 I noticed that the little Turbulence preview window doesn't show the preview of the settings anymore..its just black with a weird white half circle in it...no matter what the settings are. This isn't the case in MAYA 2019. It makes it really challenging to gauge the turbulence settings without seeing that and also getting weird results when making setting changes. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!
MAC OSX 10.13.6
MAYA 2019.2
NVIDIA GTX 1080 TI
if any additional info is needed for clarification please let me know.
thanks so much in advance!
Hello,

Thank you for the issue report.
Autodesk have probably changed Maya with that update so that preview window doesn't work anymore and we'll look into it.
Thanks for the response. Is there any update needed or planned for using Fume Fx in Maya 2020? The rest of my team has upgraded to 2020 but I am staying on 2019 unless fume fx should work ok in 2020?
Hello,

Maya 2020 support along with Arnold 6 will be ready by the end of the month.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
That’s great news !!
Hello,

We've tried the noise preview on Maya 2019.2 OSX but everything displays just fine here.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Thank you for trying. I am suspicious it may be a graphics card issue. I will be switching GPUs next week so if I notice a difference I will let you know as the current GPU is nvidia GPU which have had issues on OSX with their web drivers.
Please let us know your finding.
Thank you!

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec