• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External renderer support?
Thanks for bringing FumeFX to C4D. What are the plans for supporting other than Arnold? I use Octane, Redshift and Cycles -- I haven't used Arnold for years and have no plans to go back to it. Is there a time frame for this support?
Hello,

We're in contact with Octane developers and it will be up to them if they want to add support for .fxd caches to their volume.
As for Redshift, last time we have asked they didn't have the SDK so it's impossible for us to do anything.
Arnold shader is here because we already have it for 3ds max and Maya and SDK is easy to use with full GI support.

Our suggestion is to request FumeFX support on Octane and Redshift forums - the more request they get, bigger chances are that they'll do something.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I don't mind going back to Arnold! Thanks for the port to C4D!!
pixelmonk Wrote:I don't mind going back to Arnold! Thanks for the port to C4D!!

Thank you!
We'll do our best on our side to help Redshift and Otoy implement FumeFX rendering support, but the work has to be done on their side.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Thanks, Kresimir, I will go make some noise on those forums.
jayroth Wrote:Thanks for bringing FumeFX to C4D. What are the plans for supporting other than Arnold? I use Octane, Redshift and Cycles -- I haven't used Arnold for years and have no plans to go back to it. Is there a time frame for this support?

Actually you don't have to.
Add a Redshift/Octane/Cycles Volume
Render the Fumefx cache to a VDB
use the Volume Shaders from your preferred Renderer
have a sample scene Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c7prpjk0saqs5...1.c4d?dl=0
Yes, the vdb way will work, but we're hoping that at least Octane and Redshift would add support for .fxd caches because they are smaller and faster to write compared to vdb.