• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FumeFx GPU Preview Window + fumefx 5 - Arnold
Hi,

Two questions
I am using Maya 2018.5
I am checking few tutorials online.
FumeFX GPU Preview Window is gone? Is there a way to enable again? The Multiple Scaterring does not show in viewport 2.0 neither in Arnold(that does not render)

is there any place explanning how render using arnold? I tried
Do I have to change in
Just tested with V-Ray 3.6 and also shows in the viewport but not in The render itself
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
CPU and GPU does not work Vray
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Hi,
I restarted the machine and seems the arnold does render.
With my tests.
If I select FumeFx-Arnold Shader and try render. THEN fumeFx bugs and not allow render with arnold even if I switch back to Standard Shader.

This probably is a bug. THerefore I just leave fixed with standard shader to work.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Hello,

For FumeFX-Arnold Shader you need to connect Arnold Standard Volume to the FumeFX grid.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
hI Kresimir,

Seems that sometimes works and sometimes does not work with arnold.

Sometimes the simulation does not show up at the viewport 2.0
I have to change to the legacy mode.
I found out that for fume PLAY correct in the viewport 2 even with Enable GPU Display [x]
It is necessary setup
Thanks for that - I was getting smoke for simple sources but not for particle sources - the animation preference fixed it. Bit disappointing that the preview windows is gone without letting us know
Hello,

glasseyevfx Wrote:Thanks for that - I was getting smoke for simple sources but not for particle sources - the animation preference fixed it. Bit disappointing that the preview windows is gone without letting us know

We wrote that FumeFX has new GPU viewport "FumeFX GPU* accelerated display has been integrated within the Maya Viewport 2.0."
https://www.afterworks.com/Blog/FumeFX5 ... elease.asp

It's now offers better integration with Maya scene.

Best regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec