• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Preview Window in FFX 5.0?
Documentation indicates Preview Window can be accessed from the Preview icons in the FFX UI, Modify Panel with grid selected; or Status WIndow. But I don't see the icon anywhere and it doesn't show up in the documentation
I may be wrong as I've only minimally worked in FF5 so far but I believe that you are wanting to use the GPU Viewport Display. This is available in the GPU Viewport button of the FFX rollout and in the GPU Viewport Display button in the modify tab when the FFX is selected.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
I see the GPU Viewport Display button, but it doesn't show anything in any viewport. I can only see results by rendering a frame.
My guess is either you are using an older version of Max or there is a video card problem. The FFX 5 page says that GPU display is only for Max 2016+.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Hello,

The included docs are now removed from the installs (the first installs got them included by mistake) and the documentation is at: http://docs.afterworks.com/

Could you please let us know the 3ds max version that you run and the windows version.

The GPU viewport works in perspective/camera viewport only.

Also, please make sure that you have the latest graphic drivers installed.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Running Max 2016 and Windows 10. The only way anything shows up in the Perspective Viewport is when I select the Fire, Smoke, Velocity channels. I downloaded the latest driver for my NVIDIA Quadro K4000 graphics card. Still nothing.
Could I get some help, please?
Hello,

Make sure to use Direct3D 11 or Direct 3D 9 for the Viewport driver as the FumeFX GPU Viewport will not be able to operate otherwise.
An example scene is attached.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
That seemed to fix things I changed from Direct3D 0.0 to 11.0. I now have the preview. Thanks, Kresimir
Hello,

I'm glad that the problem is solved now.

Have a nice weekend,

Kresimir Tkalcec