• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Features
For a look at some of the competition go to:
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/
and check out the presentation video.
Some real nice sun through clouds and the ending segment has some good cloud fly through.
Any possibility of having this type of sun through the clouds effect in Dreamscape?
The sun object is also quite nice to look at.
I think the future of environment generation is Terragen 2. I would love to see DS strive to be a competitor with TG2.

-Eric
Next year we will be dedicated to bring new major AfterBurn and DreamScape updates to the users.
I hope that at least some of the wishes are going to included.

Whatever idea or wish you might have regarding DreamScape, please let us know.

Regards,

Kresimir
Not sure about T2, but I do know that Vue doesn't have any interactive dynamics in any of it's weather and water, so this may be a front that DS can excel in comparison to some of the others. There are multiple products that do some of the things that DS does and many of the companies can concentrate on a single product. I don't envy any of them or Sitni Sati in having to deal with it all and keep business healthy.

Don

Correction: Vue does have interactive wind that affects the vegetation.
My wish list for future releases would be - (not in any order..)

1) Happier integration with vray. Sometimes it can take a day and many test renders for dreamscape to 'get started' when I use it on a new scene.
2) More cloud types
3) Better/easier control over cloud scale (could just be me though..)
4) Sea bump material to be available as a procedural texture for use with vray displacement.
5) Much more 'calm' sea detail. At the moment I can get massive rolling waves (grid detail settings 1-8 ) but only have setting 9/10 to play with when I need a detailed calm sea. Also the ability to go below a setting of 0.1 for the grid spacing , again, in order to get more detail from small waves. I find this really important because I have to produce images that sell boats. None of my clients want to see thier boats in a big heavy sea, so in order to achieve the short choppy wave look (100/200mm wave height) I often have to scale up my boat. Would be nice not to have to do this.
6) An option to use a gradient or image map in the ground colour tab would be really usefull. This would help me cheat a good looking subsea.
7) A really easy to use 'shore line interaction' feature which would deal with waves and foam against beaches/docks etc. (ok, so that's asking a bit too much..... :roll: )
8 ) Some 'horizon' clouds that were separate from the rest of the cloud settings - these could even be 2d seeing as they would be in the distance. I often have trouble getting good looking clouds on the horizon.

That's about it for the moment!

Regards,

Rob.
Hello,

Thank you for your wishlist !
Actually, feature #7 is already 80% finished Smile

Kresimir
Hello Kresimir,

Wow, I look forward to playing with the next release!! Big Grin

Regards,

Rob.
Sweet!

sitnisati Wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your wishlist !
Actually, feature #7 is already 80% finished Smile

Kresimir
I would like the sea object to receive shadows from standard max lights. The shadow casting from the sun looks nice but takes way too long to render for my purposes.
It will be nice saving settings, so we can load it when we open a new scene. Thanks
Ryebread Wrote:I would like the sea object to receive shadows from standard max lights. The shadow casting from the sun looks nice but takes way too long to render for my purposes.

It's actually about Sea Material as with other materials you can cast shadows to SeaSurface.
I have put this to a wishlist.

Regards,

Kresimir
I would love to see a Cloud atmospheric gizmo. That way you could easily place and shape clouds as you want. Then have an option in the cloud settings to use the gizmo, that way the cloud settings use the location and shape of the gizmo to apply the cloud settings. Possibly include an option for a 3d object to drive the shape of the gizmo, fast easy teapot shaped clouds anyone :lol: ?

-Eric
i second the cloud gizmo idea. i also wish we could just draw 2D spline shapes in front of the camera and then DS will fill these 2D shapes with clouds. this way we could really design & create the sky & clouds we want. currently, i'm endlessly combing thru the preview window to get the right combo of clouds. not very satisfying work.

btw i just tried the Ozone PLE just to check it out. whew, what a piece of $%#@ this plugin is. the results are poor and quite unstable as well. crashed max a few times while i tweaked parameters.

cheers,
Rom
Hi all,

just wondering what is the timetable for the
new version of DScape, I really could use all
these features posted here Big Grin

Later,
Juha
Haven't heard anything, so it must not be public...
Maybe Kreso can give us some sort of idea?

Smile

The new features do sound exciting!

Smile
Hello,

It should be out by the end of 2009.. can't make it sooner due to some
other developments.

Regards,

Kresimir
Guess we'll have to wait then...

Smile
Hi all,

holding my breath here for the new version, any chance to have it soonish? Smile

Juha
Not very soon as right now FumeFX 2.0 is on the schedule.

Kresimir
I just realised this thread was started in 2006...

I totally understand that Fume is the company cash cow, and seats of Max are used just for that, but...

now that FFX2 is out the door, is there any chance of developments towards Dreamscape, or is it dead in the water?

If DS does have a future, I'm wondering if you'd be better off concentrating on the ocean simulation side of things, foam, spray, naval dynamics and forget about the terrain generation, and possibly even clouds?

It seems to me that this is the one area where there aren't that many good off-the-shelf alternatives, although there has been an announcement of another plugin in beta which looks promising.

Cheers

Steve