• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterburn 4.2.2 Installation Error
I uninstalled Afterburn from my system and installed 4.2.2 for Max 2016/2017. The 2017 installer worked fine, but the 2016 installer had an error that is in the screen shot attached.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

After doing this, none of my Afterworks software will launch (Fume, Afterburn, Enlight, etc) and brings up the AfterFlics license dialog to activate. But when I choose my license server (that has been running all Afterworks software fine with the latest versions), it says there is an error:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
The two errors above may not be related. I assumed they were related because after the first error, I could not run any Afterworks software.

But I checked my license server and the licensing service was stopped. Restarting it brought back all Afterworks licenses.

Also, Afterburn 4.2.2 works now that licensing is back up. So the 2016 installation error notice may not have really meant much.

For reference, since moving my computers (including license server) to Windows 10, there have been regular instances where my licensing servers would stop working after a Windows update. So far that has affected my Ephere license server the most. But I have a feeling that is also related to what happened here.
Shawn Olson
USD Product Owner for 3ds Max & Maya @ Autodesk
Developer @ Wall Worm and Black Mesa
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this installer error.
It has affected only the AfterBurn 4.2.2 for 3ds max 2016 installer and has been fixed and re-uploaded to the members area.

We've seen a lot of local network issues after the last Windows 10 update as well, but AfterFLICS wasn't affected.
Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec