• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
script: Preview Window open and close
Hi,
just wondering how script can be used to open and close the preview window ?
Resizing and other stuff is accessible over script but can't figure out how to open and close the PW for selected Fume

I've searched the forum and can't find anything on this topic

Thanks
Hello Bandu,

There is no such MXS call.
Can you please let us know what would you need it for ?

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
a script that makes previews after sims. Right now if I run multiple previews for multiple containers over script, the PW windows stay open and network traffic accumulates this way

let say 3 FFX in the scene, preview for the first is fine, preview for the second loads both caches, first and second as PW from first is not properly closed. And it gets worse with the third one and so on...
I've tried to hide containers or deselect them but it doesn't really help.

Thanks
Hello,

Preview Windows can output png files during the simulation - that is the fastest way to create previews of the simulation. Have you considered that ?

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
if I simulate locally, but, sending to another machine with backburner doesn't work, it is simulating but no preview window open and no png output.

or am I doing something wrong ?

thanks
Hello,

What FumeFX version do you use?

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hello Bandu,

This issue is confirmed.
Thank you for report.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
is it possible to network sim (backburner) and not have to go open the preview window manually to save preview frames? seems i have to remote to the node each time open it to get it to make preview sim frames. this is on 4.1.2. sorry. maybe a scripted way to do it?
also on some more complex sims, clicking the preview window icon crashing the network sim - have tried clicking at various moments during the calculations.
Sorry, the FumeFX 4 is not supported anymore so any issues that might be present will remain.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec