• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AB 4.1 crashes in max 2015 while rendering (max 2013 ok!)
hi ,
in max 2015 sp3 with aburn 4.1.4 ( fume 3.55 ) max crashes all the time
while rendering.(preparing lights....=) . switching lights OFF was not
helpful. i've been trying the same rendering with a few different scene setups.
same crash while rendering.

do you have a working AB.version/workaround for 2015, since in 2013 everything is
rendering as it should.
the file setup has formerly been done in 2009.
thanks in advance.
I'm having that same problem. MAX 2015. Preparing Lights and crashes!! And it does it to all our workstation. I gave up. And the funny thing is. That I have no lights in the scene. If I have lights. It still crashes. I don't under stand why. And Max 2013 and 2014 works great!
Hello,

AfterBurn 4.2 is around the corner and we'll see if it works properly on your computer.
It should be released within two weeks.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hi,

I have AfterBurn 4.2 installed (new installation) and experience the same Problem (crash) with 3ds MAX 2015. Any idea about the probable cause? Do you have customers with the same configuration working?

Kind regards,
H.
Hello,

Can you please post a scene?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Kresimir,

We've been having this same problem. Someone suggested turning off Use Multithreading in the 3ds Max rendering custom settings. This has worked for us. Not sure of the performance hit. BTW it crashes in both VRay and Scanline.

Hope this helps,
Rod
I have the same problems with Max 2015 and 2016!
Afterburn 4.2 worked in 2016 until I installed ScatterVL Pro and Fume FX 4.
I uninstall Scatter Vl and Fume and Afterburn, then installed again.
First just Afterburn, but afterburn always crashes!
No special scene, just a particle system and afterburn!
Hello,

We have updated ScatterVL Pro 1.9b which is compatible with FumeFX 4.0 and AfterBurn 4.2. please install this one and let us know.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I have still the same problems!
Crash during light initialization!
Hello,

Can you please let me know when did you download the AfterBurn 4.2 installer ?

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hello,

today I installed the latest Versions of FumeFX and Afterburn. Same (negative) result: 3ds Max 2015 crashes when scanline renderer is started. The scene file I used is the first of the included afterburn tutorials.

Is there anyone up and running (successfully) with both plugins on 3ds Max 2015? How can I retrieve more details of the cause of the crash?

Kind regards,
Henning
Same problem here in 2015 and 2016. Standard PFlow system and AB on default settings will do it. But 2015 works occasionally. The latest versions are installed in both 2015 and 2016.

Any fix yet?

edit: it seems 2016 also works intermittently. But it crashes more often than not.
Hello,

We have AfterBurn 4.2 (AfterBurn.dlr dated 1/22/2016) and FumeFX 4.0.2/4.0.3 and never had any issues. A sample scene would help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I'm getting the same problem with AB 4.2 and max 2015. Just open up max, add PFlow system, add AB, render and crash. Every time.

Is there a fix yet?

Thanks
Mark
Hello,

I am sorry, but we cannot reproduce it neither on 2015 SP1 or 2015 SP3.
Please let us know if there is anyone else who can reproduce this crash,

Thank you.

Regards,
KResimir Tkalcec
Hi Kresimir. Thanks.

The crashes appear to be intermittent. For example, the attached file crashed and crashed and crashed and crashed. Then I went to test it one more time before I sent it, and for some reason it rendered.
Hello,

It works fine here.
However, I see that you have picked every possible PFlow event while it will be only sufficient to pick "PF cosmic rays".
Please try to remove everything but the "PF cosmic rays" and see if it works.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I just opened the file again, selected "PF cosmic rays" and it crashed.
Ok. I've found that if - before I render for the first time - I set the playback to realtime and play the animation through once, it doesn't crash. If I don't, it invariably crashes.

CORRECTION: If I DISABLE realtime playback first.
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback - this is a very strange crash workaround, but I'm glad it worked.
We will see if that can help us.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec