• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install Problem: Internal Failure 0x80040707
Everytime I try to install FumeFX (Maya2015 SP5) the install fails and I get a windows Internal Failure 0x80040707. I've tried "Run As" Administrator (even though my account is admin account). And I've also disabled Norton virus scan. Searches on web for this error code this can be a windows protection error if it this it's an unsafe file, but I'm not sure that's it.
Not sure where to go with this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Any ideas?

More Info:
If I just hit ok on the errors - the install continues, the panel of text that pops up where you press "I Agree" is empty and after press "I Agree" the error: UseDLL failed - Couldn't load AWISutil.DLL file.
Wow - that was EXTREMELY obscure, but finally found the reason window died

Create the absent folder "Startup" inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. The folder was referenced in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders) in the key "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" but didn't exist inside that folder.

For some reason this program's install shield need this folder. Once created all is good - phew.
Hello,

Thanks for the solution !
InstallShield should create this folder if not existing - I guess they didn't expect it to be missing.

Regards,
Kreismir Tkalcec