• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashes
Hi!

I didn't have any issues with FumeFX before but after a hardware switch to an Alienware 18 it has started to crash all the time and it seems to be totally random. Sometimes its just when I select the FumeFX-node, sometimes when I'm simulating etc. Anyone with the same issue? Any ideas?

Cheers
Mikael
Hello Mikael,

Could it be the preview windows that causes the crash ?
If so, this might be OpenGL driver related issue.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
No, actually it's crashing even if I don't have the preview window open but maybe it's related to the viewport?
Hello,

It's hard to say, but I think that viewport wouldn't crash as it's all standard Maya API.
Do you run the latest FumeFX 3.5.2 ?
If you can find the steps to reproduce, it would help a lot.

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Yes, I'm running 3.5.2. The crashes are very random so I don't know how to reproduce. Sometimes they occur when I'm just clicking in the attribute editor, sometimes while simulating and sometimes when picking the nodes in the outliner. Very strange.
When you do not use FumeFX at all, is Maya rock stable, or is it just FumeFX that crashes?

Thank you.

Kresimir Tkalcec
Yes, stable otherwise and I haven't had any crashes besides those involving FumeFX. Is there a way to log the errors so I can email it to you?

Cheers
Hello,

Does Maya crashes with a dialog like this: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/ma ... g+Problems

If so, we could send you a special build and when it crashes, you would send us the dmp file so we can try to isolate the crash.

Regards,

Kresimir Tkalcec
Yes, it does! I'll save and email it to you next time it crashes.

Cheers
Hello,

Can you please send me an email first, so that we can email you a special build ?

Thank you.

Kreismir Tkalcec
Hi again!

Sorry that I disappeared. I upgraded my bios and I haven't had any crashes since so I think it worked itself out. Smile

Cheers
Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad that the crash is solved !

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
Hi again,

I was wrong. I still have the same problem. Sad How do I get a hold of that special build that you mention before?

Cheers