• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3ds Max crashes with FumeFX
Hi again,

since version 3.5.1 FumeFX crashes 3ds Max very often. It usually happens after a sim, when I want to create a preview. As soon as i click the FumeFX-menu, 3ds max crashes with "Application error... do you want to save your scene?". Saving the Max-scene after the sim works though, so it only happens when clicking the Fume-menu. Strangely, this happens very often, but not everytime. Pretty much all of the scenes I am working on show that behaviour, so I doubt it is anything scene-related. The machine is using Win7, it occured on 3ds Max x64 2012 and 2013.

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks
Bjoern
Hello,

Can you please send me an email - we have FumeFX 3.5.2 almost ready, so it will be good that you give it a try.
To make it a bit more clear - when you open a Preview Window it displays okay, but then you click menu on the FumeFX floating windows, 3ds max crashes ?

Thank you.

Kresimir
Yes, correct. The Preview Window is opened during simulation. After simulation, I click on the "Preview"-Menu (to create an .avi file) on the FumeFX-main window and Max crashes.

Maybe it is related to the Nitrous viewport, i did some tests with DirectX and it seemed to be more stable. I also noticed that the Preview Window is flickering a lot when using Nitrous engine and having no cachefile to display (missing frame).

Thanks for your help
Hello,

Thank you for explanation. Can you please check will it crash if you click on any other menu option instead of "Preview" - like "Preferences" or "Help/About" ?

Regards,

Kresimir
Yes, it crashes on all menu items in the FumeFX window. We will try the new version on monday. Thanks for now!
Hi Kresimir,

thanks a lot for the update, the problem seems to be solved. No more crashes with 3.5.2.

Regards
Bjoern
Hello,

Thank you for the update.
Feel free to contact me if you find any other bug.

Regards,

Kresimir Tkalcec