• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afterburn + 2012 x64 Nitrous = beeps
Here's a strange one. Unfortunately it renders Afterburn unuseable in max2012. Whan I add Afterburn to a file, I get max beeping incessantly. It beeps when I change values, save a file, and worst of all when I scrub the animation. It slows down the scrub to a crawl. Deleting Afterburn doesn't get rid of the problem. I have to reset.

This is with the Nitrous driver only. Direct3D is fine. There's no problem with Dreamscape and ScatterVL. Only Afterburn. Oh, and this only happens when I have another piece of software open that uses sound, like Winamp or Vegas Video.

This means I have to switch to Direct3D when I want to use Afterburn.
Could it be related to my last post (no viewport preview), and any chance of getting it fixed? The preview problem is also only with Nitrous.

Thanks
Mark
Yep, have a similar problem when in 3ds max 2012 x64 and viewports are using Direct3D 9.0 and Nitrous.

When the AB panel is opened for the first time, the beeping begins. An odd beep sound can be heard (via sound card) each mouse release click and also drags the 3ds max GUI to a crawl. Playing the Time Line causes a beep per-frame Sad Cannot stop the beeping without a forced File > Reset.

Any patch or trick to disable this maddening bug?
yeah, my AB 4.0d button 'Show in Viewport' is not working (in 2012).

Thanks,
robert
Switching to Direct3D gets rid of the beep for me. Viewport preview returns too.
Hello,

Founds a beep error and an update will be uploaded shortly.

Thank you.

Kresimir
Thanks Kresimir. Any luck with the viewport preview?

Mark
Not sure Mark. Viewport seems to be drawing okay here.

Kresimir
Hello,

New installers are up, so please give them a chance and let me know if beeping problem is gone.

Thank you.

Kresimir
Thanks! I'm in the middle of a render now but I'll give it a try over the weekend and let you know how it went.

Mark