• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no viewport preview in 2012
The viewport preview isn't working for me in 2012 64bit AB4.0d. Anybody else having problems?

Also, since I've posted for just about every version of max and AB for the past few years, I should probably mention that Create Channels STILL doesn't work for me.

Thanks
Mark
Seems to be working here.
Viewport does not draw spheres for you at all ?

Thank you.

Kresimir
No spheres. Nothing at all. In fact, it doesn't seem to be working on occasion with D3D either. But Nitrous won't work 100% of the time.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Kresimir
Shall we deal with the preview issue in this thread?

I just started up max with Nitrous, created a standard PFlow, created an Afterburn, chose the PFlow system then clicked on the preview button. I get nothing. Switching viewports, maximising doesn't help. I then saved the file, switched to D3D, reopened it and the preview spheres came on no problem.

What could it be? The poster in the other thread was also experiencing the problem so maybe we can narrow it down.

THanks
Mark
Hello,

Yes, we can stay in this thread.
I did the same as you and I can see spheres in the viewport.
One notice - I use 2012x64 (not a SP1) on XPx64

Kresimir
Thanks. I have SP1 and HF2 installed. Video card is Quadro FX3700 driver 275.36.

Mark
Hi,
Same problem here. Max 2012 x64, SP1 HF2 quaddro 6000

I've got no preview, beeping sound whenever I click somewhere in Afterburn and fusionworks renderer keeps deactivating itself. Sometimes it is activated and does not render.

I also use RPManager.

Is the new installer still 4.0d version?
Ok the new installer is working! No beeps and preview is back. Seems to render fine. I was also sometimes making error thinking it was not rendering because I chose the pflow to aburn operator with scale and orientation selected but I had no scale operator in pflow, so I guess the size was zero so I got nothing rendered out.

Still 4.0d but I noticed the size was different.
Thanks for the feedback.

Kresimir