• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiling wish
Hi,

I think the biggest problem with Dreamscape is obvious tiling on large surfaces (especially if they rough seas)

The material can be worked around with blend materials and density maps for foam, but geometry tiling is trickier.

Geometry modifiers in the stack make DS unstable, and Simple Wave Daemons don't seem like they can have a localised effect.

What I'd suggest is a bunch of other Daemons like noise, ripple, FFD or a link to the Max version in the stack so that tiling can be reduced.

This would be equivalent to the VMap in Afterburn which allows standard Max maps to be used.

I've submitted this request directly to support, but it would be interesting to see if anyone has any thoughts on this (if anyone's out there)

Alternatively what would be useful is to be able to mix multiple DS seasurfaces together, and mask the effect with a map.

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve,

We have fix for visible tiling working and it'll be done for next update.
One thing that we cannot do is to match precomputed foam to the whole SeaSurface.
User will have an option for 'blend distance', beyond wich a regular grid will be gradually mixed with an irregular one.

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir,

That sounds great.

Cheers

Steve
I still get serious tiling with dreamscape. What is this new "feature" that is supposed to stop it ?