• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 and still no Create Channels
Well, I'm onto 2011 now and I'm still unable to use 'Create Channels' for glow and the like. It's been shot since at least 2009 for me. The render hangs on 'Preparing Plugins' and I have to force max shut.

I'm on Windows7 x64 now. So that's three versions of max and two OSs and no luck. The only thing I can think of that may be different from anyone else is that I use the English version of max on a Japanese OS.

I've also had a problem with Dreamscape clouds for several versions. If I add a layer of clouds, it looks like it's being added using 'additive' to the other layer, so the overlapping clouds are pure white. Dreamscape has been unusable for me since this started happening. I can't imagine it happens across the board otherwise the forum would be full of it.

Could the problems be related?

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,

I have wrote this BUG down and will take a look ASAP (both AfterBurn and DreamScape).

Thanks for report.

Kresimir
Thanks Kresimir.
I'd appreciate if you'd look into it.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I have created a simple scene, enabled FusionWorks "Create Channels" + "Material ID" and Glow rendererd without
any issues. I was using max 2011x64 on Windows 7 x64.

Kresimir
Hi Kresimir

Thanks. You did the same for me two versions of max ago with the same results. When I try it, max invariably hangs. The only time it works is when I open one of the sample files. Like I said, the only thing I can think may be different is the Japanese OS I'm using.

One other thing that might be of help. I can't seem to get the glow on Pyrocluster working either. Max doesn't crash, but the glow isn't rendered. If I open up one of the sample files containing glow, it works fine. In that respect it's the same as Afterburn. But if I merge everything from a sample file into a new file, it doesn't work.

Thanks
Mark
Kresimir

I don't know what just happened with that last post. Seems that mentioning P-cluster threw a switch somewhere.

Might be worth fixing considering your recent agreement with Cebas!

Mark
Mark,

I really have no idea where that comes from, but there are few people with moderator privileges and
I think they've been playing with board setting Smile
When I frist read your message, I was wondering how does ALL the people use the same words for PC !

Thanks for solving this mistery !

Kresimir
No problem!
Any help with the glow bug appreciated.

Thanks
Mark