• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging FumeFx Grid crashes 3ds max?
Hey guys,

I'm trying to merge a FumeFx grid into a scene, and every single time it crashes 3ds max. The scene i'm loading from is clean, only a single fumefx grid in there that is attached / linked to nothing. No Source, no light, no helper, nothing. Is this a known issue or a limitation of 4.0.6? It's a real pain in my but atm.

Cheers,

A.
Great, now simply clicking on the FumexFx creation grid creation button crashes max. This is wasting my time big time. If this is a problem with licensing AGAIN, i'm going to lose my shit here Angry Angry Angry
Hello Adriano,

Can you please let us know which 3ds max version you use.
Have you used installer, or did you use manual installation ?
Also, please tell us the AfterWorks.dlu file time and date (locacted under the AfterWorks/Common.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec
I'm using 3ds max 2017 under windows 10 x64, and the Afterworks.dlu is from the 10th of november 2016.

Complementary info. I use Supermeshers as collider (Boomerlabs). The current render engine is Vray, but i'll swap to Redshift for Volume rendering. I also use Betterwind as force among other default Wind spacewarps. And i tried to open the file on an other machine with Windows 7 and it opens fine there. I just managed to open the file again under windows 10, after complete reinstall of 3ds max and plug ins. The scene crashed again. I tried to open the scene on my secondary monitor and finally it opened again, but i wouldn't consider that the fix. I'm too scared to troubleshoot more now and test it further and need to move forward while i can. But i'm working in a land mine field, and this sucks.

Conclusion, Everything points at some incompatibility with Windows 10, just the fact that 3ds max " hangs" (blue spinning circle) when opening the file is not a good sign, this does not happen under Windows 7. I'm not sure what windows 10 does, but it's a night mare to work with this OS.

Any feedback welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

A.
Hello Adriano,

Thank you very much for the update.
We are working with Windows 10 and so far we didn't saw any stability issues.
However, we do not have any 3rd party plug-ins installed, except renderers such as VRay, Arnold and mental ray.

Could you please try to leave only the FumeFX in the scene and remove other objects such as Supermesher, betterwind etc.. and try to open scene on Windows 10?
You can also send the entire scene to me at kresimir@afterworks.com and I will to open the scene without those tools and see what happens.

Regards,
Kresimir Tkalcec